Please Enter your Username and Password.
1 cup whole wheat flour
a pinch salt
1/4 tsp oil for kneading
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tbsp of soya granules or homemade low fat paneer.
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1 1/2 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 cup boiled green peas
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
Salt to taste
For the dough
1. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and add enough water to make firm dough.
2. Keep aside covered for 15 minutes.
3. Knead again using olive oil till smooth.
4. Keep aside covered with a wet muslin cloth.
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter thin chapatis.
For the stuffing
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle, add the soya granules and sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add the ginger-green chilli paste, salt, dry mango powder, chilli powder, boiled green peas, coriander, mix well ,
4. Sauté for another 2 minutes till well done.
5. Cut strips of the kneaded dough into samosa pattis.
6. Add the filing and seal the edges carefully using a little water. Keep aside.
7. Repeat to make all the samosas
8. Arrange on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Serve hot with pudina chutney or ketchup